The DUI Defense Process
DUI Attorney Serving Gwinnett County
Each DUI case is unique and requires a different strategy. However, there is a general sequence that all DUI cases follow. As a law firm that has accumulated years of experience representing DUI cases, Carter Pilgrim Stroud, Attorneys at Law can provide effective and proven defense to clients. From the initial consultation and court hearings all the way to a plea or trial, we fight zealously to protect you.
There are 5 potential phases of a DUI case, generally, that can vary depending on where the case originates.
We can walk clients through each step of the DUI defense process, which can include:
- Initial Consultation – During the initial consultation with your attorney, we will discuss your case and how to proceed with your defense, which includes fighting your DUI charges and preparing you for your license suspension hearing. You have only 10 days to fight your license suspension.
- Arraignment – The arraignment is your first court appearance where you will enter your plea.
- Calendar Call – This is the court date where a judge will determine if a case is ready for trial by asking both the prosecutor and defense attorney.
- Plea – You and your attorney will negotiate with prosecutors to reach an agreement on how to resolve your case.
- Trial – Not all cases end up in trial. If a plea agreement cannot be reached, your case will have to proceed towards a trial, where your case will eventually be decided by a judge and a jury. Having an attorney who is a confident litigator is a must.
Learn More During a Free Initial Consultation
It is essential that you work with a skilled Gwinnett County DUI lawyer who has the experience and proven track record of obtaining great results. Our team at Carter Pilgrim Stroud, Attorneys at Law is ready to put our heart and soul into defending our clients because we understand what is at stake.
Start your free initial consultation today. Contact our office at (770) 766-5260 or email us to get started.